Subject: RE: installing rockbox on ipod 80 gig update

RE: installing rockbox on ipod 80 gig update

From: daniel dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:06:46 +1000

Rich Cavallaro <> wrote:
> I have now restored the apple firmware.
> But what ever I am doing still rockbox won't load.
> This is what I did to install rockbox.
> I made sure that disk mode was checked in itunes.
> I closed it.

Hi Rich,
Ok check that the ipod shows up as a drive in my computer.
If you enter on the ipod you should see folders on the ipod like
"contacts".

> I ran ipodpatcher.exe
> I hit I to install the boot loader and then pressed enter.

If that is what the manual said then that should be right.
I haven't got a working ipod and I used the old boot loader so I don't
know about this one.

> I unzipped one of the builds from late june build in to the ipod.
> I also put a voice file in the .rockbox/langs folder.
> But when I boot the iPod hangs and just shows a picture of an apple.
> Is there a certain build that I should be using for the 80 gig? I
> saw quite a few ipod builds on the daily builds page.

You should be using the one for the ipod video 64 mb of ram.
Also is this different to what happened before you installed the boot
loader?

--
Daniel Dalton
Web:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
Contact details.
Email:
daniel.dalton_at_iinet.net.au
Or:
daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com
Msn:
Daniel638_at_gmail.com
Skype:
Daniel_3680
If you add me to skype or msn please send an email telling me who you
are. Note: I don't check my msn address for emails. So if you email
please use one of my email addresses above.