Subject: RE: ipod hard drive

RE: ipod hard drive

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:47:49 -1000

Original message

I have tried the following.
1. Switch the hold switch to the hold position and then back off hold.
2. Press select +menu.
3. Press select +play when the apple logo appears.

But this doesn't work.

Hi,

The way to boot to the Apple firmware is to press Menu and Select, immediately turn Hold on while keeping Menu and Select held down, then release everything and turn Hold off when the Apple firmware starts loading.

You wrote:
If I remove the hard drive from the ipod is there a way I can test it?
I can't even boot the apple firmware and if I turn it on it says can not
find rockbox.ipod.
I haven't installed a build of rockbox only the boot loader.

Response:
You are being told that the bootloader can't find the Rockbox firmware because you haven't installed the Rockbox firmware. It sounds like your iPod is working fine - it just needs firmware. Good luck.

Cheers,
Anna