Subject: Re: archos players?

Re: archos players?

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:18:22 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Melissa Tucker
To: Rockbox
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:38 PM
Subject: archos players?

    I'm finding that I possibly may need more than 40gb capacity drive with the current iriver I have. Just wondering which archos players are compatible with rockbox and which ones I should avoid.
As far as iriver is concerning, I believe it is dying. The usb on my computer, but I can't get the computer to read the files, or can't get it to play the music. I've used the reset button and stuff. More on this later. Any info would be appreciated.
  ----- Original
  ** Melissa,
  AFAIK, Of the supported Archos units, the highest capacity is 20 GB,.
  People have put larger drives into the Archos units, like 120 GB & more, but this would require having someone, or youerself, put in the larger drive.
  Maybe the iPod Video, which I believe can be purchased in an 80 GB model would be what you would like.
  As far as your current drive, did you do a thourogh scandisk of the dribe?
  There are 2 checkboxes to check before initiating the scan, so if you use a screen-reader, be sure to tab through the scandisk window and check both items.
  Alsok, it does not hurt to defrag the drive once in a while.
  HTH.
  Glenn

   Message -----