Subject: Re: IRiver firmware

Re: IRiver firmware

From: Robert Menes <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:05:00 -0400

On 7/11/07, Tipton, Timothy <> wrote:
> >> (Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)
> Hey Rob, not to highjack this or anything, but I'm new and own the same
> iPod you have ^^ - and am contemplating throwing rockbox on it I run
> Ubuntu Studio (Linux) and since I can't use iTunes, I'm looking at
> alternatives that's where my question lies What syncing utilities are
> used between the ipod and your pc? Are they built in, just plain ol' drag n
> drop or some other software utilities?
> Thanks for your help,
> Tim
Hi Tim,

Plain ol' drag-n-drop. You can even use something like Amarok if you wish,
but this will mean
that you'll still have to build a database from within Rockbox. Personally,
I just attach my iPod,
mount it, drag everything in the way I want it, and BAM! All set to travel!

(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

P.S. Next time, please start a new thread instead of jumping into another
one. Common
netiquette, is all.

Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.
Version: 3.1.2
GCS/S/M/MU d- s+: a28 C++(+++) UL++++>$ P++ L+++ E+ W+ N+ o+ K++ w--- O-
M !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP(+) t+ 5++ X++ R tv b+++ DI+++ D++(---) G++ e+ h-
r++ y+