Subject: Problem with Tagcache . . .

Problem with Tagcache . . .

From: Ben Wilson <dausha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:46:28 -0400

I've been using Rockbox on my Archos FM Recorder since about September
'06. It is a marked improvement over the default interface.

However, I have a problem with the tagcache that has only served to
continually annoy me. Specifically, I have several albums by one
artist that are mis-categorized. These are albums from CDs that I
ripped, but that were tagged with misspellings of the artist's name
(Alanis Morissette, a name that begs to be misspelt) that results in
three separate artist tags. Thus, when I want to listen to all albums
by a given artist, I am forced to listen to an abridged version. This
also occurs when attempting to listen to all my Beatles albums
(Beatles, The; Beatles; and The Beatles).

In attempt to remedy, I removed all songs from my MP3 player and
removed Rockbox. Using id3v2, I explicitly retagged all songs with the
proper artist name. I then installed a newer version of Rockbox
(13377-070513) and uploaded the re-taged songs. Then, I ran Tag Cache.
I even ran fsckdos.

Now, I have exactly the same Tag Cache entries I had before. I
verified that all artist names were correct on the MP3 player via
id3v2.

How should I remedy this problem?

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill