Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Problem with Tagcache . . .

Re: Problem with Tagcache . . .

From: Ben Wilson <dausha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:22:34 -0400

On 15 Jul 2007 12:13:50 -0000, bascule.42274043_at_bloglines.com
<bascule.42274043_at_bloglines.com> wrote:
[...]
> What you need to
> do is delete your existing database files, as it's entirely possible (especially
> if you have ever exported database data) that your old entries are being re-read
> during update/initialise.

[...]
> Go to the folder /.rockbox and delete ALL files ending in
> .tcd. This will completely remove your existing database.

Previously, I'd deleted all rockbox files to no avail. I just deleted
*.tcd (disconnecting the drive and reconnecting to ensure deletion)
and rebuild the database. I still have three misspellings for Alanis
Morrissette, even though the id3 entries are all the same, and all
albums reside in the same directory. I submit that perhaps Rockbox is
doing something else under the covers that recovers the database.
Again, this occurs on a Jukebox FM Recorder.

Heck, if I could get into the *.tcd files I could force the
correction, but I've yet to look.

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill