Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Tagcache Problems (Redux)...

Tagcache Problems (Redux)...

From: Ben Wilson <dausha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:37:11 -0400

Y'all will recall last week that I had problems with three divergent
spellings of Alanis Morissette (among others), and that I racked my
brain and this list with a remedy. I chose the broadsword approach: I
deleted the entire Alanis Morissette collection and re-ripped my CDs.
This ensured that the raw files were clean. I deleted all the database
files as well for a clean reset of the cache. This did not fix the
problem...

The new entry for Alanis Morissette is 'Morissette, Alanis', which
also resides in a different file structure (Morissette,_Alanis (MA)
instead of Alanis (A)). Inspecting Tag Cache shows that all albums and
songs are properly indexed under the new 'MA' tag. It also shows all
the original mis-spelled songs.

I used 'abcde' to rip the CDs, which uses id3v2 to tag. I spot checked
tags throughout the ripping process to confirm they were properly
created. I confirmed the old files were deleted.

So, I remain scratching my head as to the solution.

-- 
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill
Received on 2007-07-22

Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew
aaa