Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: h320, recording, and voice files

h320, recording, and voice files

From: Ricky Enger <renger_at_carolina.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:44:48 -0400

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to Rockbox and am excited to have found this
list. My apologies if my question has already been answered, but
after a brief perusal of the archives I didn't see anything
pertaining to this so thought I'd ask it here.

I'm using an Iriver h320 with the English Reed .voice file. While
I'm aware that certain options in the recording menu are no longer
spoken as of about July 10th, has recording functionality itself been
affected?

Apparently, in these builds, the record button is used to start the
recording, whereas in previous builds the play button was used. When
I do this, information is displayed on the screen, including
recording time and the size of the file that will be
generated. However, when I press stop a couple times and return to
the menus, the file which was supposedly being recorded is nowhere to
be found. Is this typical behavior, or something that's only
happening to me. I have a build from July 7th which works
flawlessly, so am curious as to what has changed in later builds.

Thanks in advance for any info,
Ricky