Subject: Re: Issues with Rockbox on Sansa e280

Re: Issues with Rockbox on Sansa e280

From: Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:55:45 +0200

Thanks, Charles, for your answer.

Charles philip Chan wrote:
>> * The worst thing is that there are background noises when using
>
> Whether you can hear that also depends on your cans. I can't hear it
> with my PX-100 (open cans). However, it is very noticable with IEM's.
>
> The noise comes from the LCD being on and IIRC buffering.

Yes this might be. Do you think there is a chance to get rid of this noise?

>> * The folder "MUSIC" on the Sansa did not show up in the file
>
> No, The original firmware have this annoying habit of hiding and
> rehiding the "Music" directory.

What a stupid behaviour. (I guess they want to force normal users to use
there proprietary software to put music on the sansa?)

> You can either unhide the directory

Can't this be done by Rockbox, everytime it is started up?

> (which you can't do under Linux)

Really not? I can't believe.

>> * The plugin Bubbles should use the wheel instead of left/right to
>> turn the arrow. ;)
>
> There are patched versions that does that. You can try one of my builds
> (new version in about half an hour):
>
> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12583

I cannot download the files: When clicking on a download link I get a
page: "you do not have permission to access this page.". I am logged in
after freshly registering.

>> * The display shows a line with pixel errors at the top. The symbols
>
> This only happens with the 1.1 version of the hardware. There is a
> temporary work around in my builds.

Is 1.1 an older or a newer hardware?

As I understand it is fixed in the bootloader, not in rockbox itself? Do
I have to execute sansapatcher again after unpacking your rockbox version?

>> not sure if the sansa-device had to be mounted or not. But without
>> mounting it, the sansapatcher could not find the device, so it was
>> very clear.)
>
> It doesn't have to be mounted when installing the bootloader (it uses
> raw parition access). However, it takes a few seconds for the USB
> subsystem to recognize it.

Ok. Is it better to patch the sansa when mounted or unmounted? Or does
it not make a difference?

Thanks,
Gert