Subject: Re: Issues with Rockbox on Sansa e280

Re: Issues with Rockbox on Sansa e280

From: Charles philip Chan <cpchan_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 15:49:42 -0400

Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de> writes:

> Yes this might be. Do you think there is a chance to get rid of this noise?

I am not too sure, it is a hardware thing. You can probably limit the
duration by setting the backlight to a lower value under "Settings"->
"General Settings"-> "Display"-> "LCD Setting"-> "Backlight".

> Can't this be done by Rockbox, everytime it is started up?

You can submit a feature request.

>> (which you can't do under Linux)
>
> Really not? I can't believe.

The vfat subsystem in Linux have no concept of attributes. You might be
able to do it with mtools, but I haven't used it in years.

>>> * The plugin Bubbles should use the wheel instead of left/right to
>>> turn the arrow. ;)

It is now in SVN, so you can use a current build if you want.

> I cannot download the files: When clicking on a download link I get a
> page: "you do not have permission to access this page.". I am logged
> in after freshly registering.

I believe you need to post first before you can download. This is a
forum rule.

> As I understand it is fixed in the bootloader, not in rockbox itself?
> Do I have to execute sansapatcher again after unpacking your rockbox
> version?

No the patch is in 2 parts. The one in the bootloader takes care of the
glitch for everything before the firmware loads. The one in the firmware
if for everything afterwards.

> Ok. Is it better to patch the sansa when mounted or unmounted? Or does
> it not make a difference?

I do it when it is unmounted. You can tell if the device have been
recognized by using lsusb. The bootloader is actually written to a 16MB
hidden OS/2 partition.

Charles

--
"I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs...It was very silly."