Subject: Update on M4A problem

Update on M4A problem

From: Vincent Mistretta <vin5451_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:25:31 -0500

I reported yesterday that my MP4 files would play in RBX at a double speed and choppy.

I downloaded FooBar2000 and tried to Optimize the MP4 Layout. Before doing so, Foobar2000 would play these files a bit strangely also. After Optimizing, FooBar still had trouble.

I went through my library and found some files I ripped using ITunes into the MP4 format and they played fine in both Foobar and RBX.

The files not playing correctly are those I recently ripped using Winamp and the AAC Plus format. These files will only play ok under the Apple Firmware or Winamp.

Vince