Subject: Re: Registering xvoice.dll

Re: Registering xvoice.dll

From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 20:38:43 +1000

Hi Dave,

Dave Hooper wrote:
> Where did you get instructions telling you to type
> "regsrv32 c:\windows\speech\xvoice.dll"
> ?

In an email that I kept from this list. It was from about 6 months ago.

> It sounds like you don't have SAPI4 installed, at all. Is that
> possible? Have you ever had text-to-speech working on your Vista PC?
> If not, you need to download a SAPI4 runtime. Microsoft provide a
> free download from here, but Google if you want to search for others
> http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/user.asp#sapi

Thanks for that the command now worked.
And the list voices_SAPI4.vbs script now tells me what voices I have.

But when I install IBM Via Voice TTS it comes up with the following
error. This happens just after I launch the executable file to install it.
Error message:

ViaVoice TTS
The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched.Class not
registered
OK

I clicked OK and it exited the installer.
Do you know how to fix this?
If you could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it.

--
Daniel Dalton