Subject: Re: I'm searching people who are interested getting interviewed

Re: I'm searching people who are interested getting interviewed

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 23:24:30 -0500

> As I mentioned before, many have read the directions, and still are stumped.
> I don't think that one can expect to install the program after my program on
> Rockbox, but I expect that the manual/installation instructions will be less
> threatening, and make more sense if they have heard someone doing it. Or if
> you wish, maybe the folks will download the manual, and re-listen to the
> program.
> But in any case, the fact is, there are many who have problems here, and I
> aim to help people to get their feet wet before they seek help from the
> list.
> I still don't understand your point on the issue, sounds like you are just
> arguing a point for the sake of arguing.
> Glenn

You're missing my point completely then: If people think the
instructions are threatening, the solution is to improve the
instructions so that they seem less threatening. I'm asking you to
contribute by helping us to do so.

If someone cannot install by way of the instructions, tell us how we can
make them more clear and usable for users. This is the right solution to
the problem.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I honestly want installation to
be easier. But I've seen what happens when there are unofficial
instructions: Users follow them. If a user can install *just* by
listening to your audio file, it is too much. It is "unofficial
instructions." While you're more than welcome to create them if you
wish, I won't support you in the creation of them.

If our documentation is problematic, why are you unwilling to help us
fix it? Why do you insist on creating alternate methods instead?