Subject: Re: Fw: I'm searching people who are interested getting interviewed

Re: Fw: I'm searching people who are interested getting interviewed

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 10:22:01 +0200

Glenn Ervin wrote:
> This is not intended to be an alternative to the manual.
> It is just that many folks, do better with the technical part of the manual
> if it is a bit familiar to them.
> I don't think the Rockbox community is interested in having MP3 files of
> people installing Rockbox, for Blind users to download from the Rockbox
> site.

What makes you think that? I personally think it would be a great thing,
provided that the instructions were up-to-date. If someone were to
create such files, I would surely want them on the official site.

> I'm sure that if anyone will give me an MP3 of their procedure, they would
> also like it to be used on the Rockbox site.
> But I don't think there is a desire for such MP3 files to be placed there
> for download.

Again - why not? It's not like sighted users would have to download
those anyway.

> So thanks for contributing to the confusion to the use of
> Rockbox, and I must state that the lack of support for my request here has
> tainted my view of this list.

That goes both ways, you know. Thanks for not wanting to help us improve
the instructions for the blind community.

Linus