Subject: sansa e280 no recognized by the computer

sansa e280 no recognized by the computer

From: RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 23:37:32 +0200

Hello,

I don't have all the details yet but a friend of mine seems to have
bricked his sansa e280. I have installed all the stuff (bootloader and
rockbox build) on the unit but now, he told me that his sansa is not
detected anymore by his computer when plugged on a USB port. So, of
course, no way to access the player in order to remove everything and
eventually reinstall rockbox and the bootloader.

so, is there a key combination or something to boot up on the original
firmware ad have the unit recognized by windows or should he return it
to the manufacturer? Unfortunately, in the actual state, the warranty of
the player is certainly broken! I'll give you more details tommorow but
any ideas would be greatly apreciated.

thanks in advance ,

Sof