Subject: Re: question about file order

Re: question about file order

From: Andreas Gnau <Rondom_at_rondom.de>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:13:48 +0200

kkit schrieb:
> On 8/5/07, Hope Paulos <hope.paulos_at_maine.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all. I've recently installed Hte latest Harry Potter book onto my
>> sansa e 260'. I prchased an sd card (micro sd) to allow me to have more
>> space. When I selected the micro sd card and selected the "harry potter"
>> folder, it went to file 10. I have files named like Ch1A.mp3 Ch10A.mp3. I'm
>> wondering how I can get these to display correfctlyso I can just go to the
>> next file in the series-- ch1A.mp3 hen cC1B.mp3 etc???
>
> Try naming your files ch01A, ch02A, ch10A, etc.
>
>> I've tried having the
>> files being sorted into alphabetical, then date, then newest date but with
>> no success.

Renaming is the only option for you at the moment.

If you want it to be automatically "correctly" sorted, Rockbox would
need a new feature called "natural sorting".
Someone with the skills would have to use some free
strnatsort-implementation (IIRC PHP has one, maybe there are better
ones) and implement this.