Subject: Where to Find Font Files for iPod Video?

Where to Find Font Files for iPod Video?

From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:56:00 -0400

Hello. I am a new list member writing from USA and am using Rockbox
for the very first time, on an iPod Video 30 GB unit. Like many
Rockbox users, I am totally blind, so am attracted to this operating
system because of its voice read-out accessibility.

But I am nevertheless having trouble finding, manipulating, and
playing files inside my iPod. After booting into Rockbox, I don't get
the main menu. Instead, I hear options such as "Twelve Hour Clock,"
"Play This File," and "Shuffle Play." I know I have the latest
English.voice file, because I got it from that part of the Rockbox
site devoted strictly to files for Ver. 2.5.

I have read the first part of the manual for Rockbox Video., and it
points to the idea that I need to make sure the right fonts have been
installed. It said that font files are not added to daily builds or
current builds, so should be extracted from official releases.
Ironically, though, the manual also says there is no "stable release"
for Rockbox as it applies to iPod Video. And as I look through my
.Rockbox directory on the iPod drive, I see no fonts subdirectory.

Is this a problem? What do I do to make sure I can go to menu choices
I can use such as "File" and "Database"? I am using the latest daily
build, which was uploaded to the Rockbox site mid-day European time on
Mon., Aug. 6.

Thanks so much for your help.

-Kane