Subject: Re: Ipod RBX and M4A

Re: Ipod RBX and M4A

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:11:19 -0500

> It uses SBR but is only really capable to do it on Gigabeats.

Maybe I should've clarified that I wasn't certain what it did for
non-Gigabeat targets (targets where it was known in advance to be
incapable of playing realtime). On iPods, personally I would disable any
HE-AAC playback, and have it playback ignoring the SBR portion (with
proper resampling of course to avoid the double speed problem) so that
the user gets realtime playback with quality loss rather than skipping
playback. But I don't know whether that's done, handled incorrectly, or
the files are expected to just skip because they aren't realtime.