Subject: Re: Where to Find Font Files for iPod Video?

Re: Where to Find Font Files for iPod Video?

From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 18:30:46 -0400

Hi to Rich, Michael, and Anna. Thank you all for responding so
quickly to my questions.

At first this Rockbox installation process was a bit confusing, since
not everything for this operation is contained on the same page.
These Linux-type operating systems, what with all the collaborative
work done by individual users around the world, involves some amount
of controled chaos. But I have learned that the voice files for
Rockbox 2.5, which I did originally use, do not apply well to the iPod
that I have--especially since I must use either a current build or a
daily build for the iPod Video. I found it is better to go to the
page where voice files exist for current or SVN builds:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceFiles#Voice_files_for_daily_builds_cur
For the record, thanks to Rich I also found the following site, which
has voice files more updated than those on the official Rockbox site:
http://tbrn.net/rockbox/

I also found one problem with a reference in the manual: When the
manual tries to link the user to where fonts are, the resulting page
mentions fonts but does not seem to offer a link to anything I can
download. So after searching the forums for a bit, I found that the
best place to download font files is on the EXTRAS page. I will
forward this to the Rockbox community so someone can use this the next
time he/she updates the iPod Video manual in Wikipedia:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxExtras
I've not tested the iPod with all the newest voice files, fonts, and
daily build; but I hope it works. Installation was extremely smooth.

Thanks again to all. Sometimes I feel as if we're a real family,
though we've never met face to face! (smile)

-Kane