Subject: What will Rockbox do on first startup?

What will Rockbox do on first startup?

From: Martin Mayrhofer <martin_at_tsb.co.at>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:52:51 +0200

Hi Rockboxer!

I've a strange question, What is the difference between a normal Reboot of rockbox and the first start of it? I have the problem, that i couldn't install any Current built on my (Ipod Nano) device. The reason i think is that my unit has a Crashed Display. So the Version that runs on Rockbox when this happens works, but all new installations will not succed. Will there some hardwarechecks or something like that on the first start? Is there anything i can do to run a Current built? Save a Config-file, of the running version, or something like that.

Thanx Martin