Subject: Re: Voice creation

Re: Voice creation

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 17:06:56 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I would even say that pondlife's patch to make the voices buildable in
> cygwin, using the regular Rockbox build-system is an even better way
> since then we'll have a unified voice build system for *nix _and_
> Windows:

If only the Cygwin system could be installed by a screen reader user, I
would be all for the idea. However, since it does not currently appear
to be possible without sighted assistance, the majority of voice users
have a visual impairment, and most of them use Windows, I have to
disagree for the time being. If there is, in fact, a way to install the
thing without sight then I would be all for it. Keeping the RB
development as platform-independent as possible is an excellent goal for
which to strive.

- All my best,
- Steve