Subject: Re: Voice creation

Re: Voice creation

From: Rocker <>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:33:30 -0600

Daniel and Steve wrote:
> Instead of fixing up MakeVoices and using a separate voice generator for
> Linux, what would you think of rewriting the entire system in Python?
> Andre
> and I have talked about this off and on, and maybe now would be a good
> time
> to try something like that. Any takers on the idea?

I would even say that pondlife's patch to make the voices buildable in
using the regular Rockbox build-system is an even better way since then
have a unified voice build system for *nix _and_ Windows:

**I'm all for Unification. And, I'm sure that for some power users of
screen readers, cygwin access might be achievable. However, I humbly ask
that a solution is reached that does not involve the installation and
adaptation of cygwin on a Windows machine. If I'm not mistaken isn't it a
3gig install? Moreover, this could make life very difficult for a lot of
blind users. And I'm one of them LOL!

Why can't the make voice VBS script be modified? It's such a simple and
fast solution that works.

Humbly yours...rocker

  Daniel Stenberg -- --