Subject: Re: Voice creation

Re: Voice creation

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:54:13 -0500

> I'm one of the many blind users of rockbox and it is important that i
> have
> speach. I have an iriver h10 20 gb and as far as i know, there isn't a
> stable releace of rock box for that unit yet. There are many other people
> that are in the same fix right now, or feeling the same way. And telling us
> to switch to a different firmwhere if we don't like this one is all well and
> good, but there isn't another one that talks. I use the andre voices and if
> i won't be able to use them in the future, i may consider replacing the
> original firmwhere and celing my iriver and not have a player at all because
> what's the point of using something that doesn't work? I'm sorry if this
> comes across as being a bit on the evel side, but i had to make my feelings
> known!

I very clearly did not say "Use a different firmware." I suggested that
you not update Rockbox to current development versions unless you *want*
to be testing things that may break. If you're using a build that works,
stick with it.

If you want to help with development by staying up to date and testing
for bugs, subscribe to the development mailing list, and watch the patch
tracker so that you can know both what bugs other people are
experiencing, and what is in progress.