Subject: No Rockbox Voice ... Following Instructions

No Rockbox Voice ... Following Instructions

From: KANE BROLIN <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:25:10 -0400

OK, I know this issue may have been addressed before. But I'm struggling with Rockbox on the iPod Video. I've followed all the instructions I know about: I've loaded the Rockbox daily build of Aug. 6, and have loaded the July 29 Reed voice that Andre offered, after having renamed it English.Voice. The bootloader works, I can switch back and forth between Rockbox and the original firmware, and everything appears to be unzipped to the right place. But no voice.

How can I tell if the voice is set to come on at startup? Is there a step I forgot to perform to set this option? I'd rather not have to uninstall everything and start again from scratch.

-Kane