Subject: X5 question

X5 question

From: Erin M. Chaves <em_chalet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:03:44 -0400

Hi, list,

I apologize, as my issue is not related to Rockbox. I wanted to post here, because I know some of you will be able to answer this X5 question. Feel free to write me off list.

There's a loose connection when I plug in the subpack. When I'm recording something with line-in, I'm only getting feedback out of the right channel, but I'll get stereo sound if I slightly move the subpack. So far I'm not having issues charging or connecting to my PC, but I'm anticipating either will come next.
I'm not happy at the moment, as it has become suddenly very difficult to obtain the X5, and I heard Cowon has terrible customer service.
My question: is a loose connection in this area easily fixed? Is it something which would only require a soldering gun? Or, could it only be repaired by sending the unit into Cowon?

Thank you so much in advance for any responses!

Erin