Subject: Final Database Access Question ... I Hope

Final Database Access Question ... I Hope

From: KANE BROLIN <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:50:24 -0400

Hello. During the past week I've made great progress with using Voicebox and organizing/finding files and directories on my iPod Video with Rockbox. But the one thing I still can't seem to manage is getting the databases to be spelled or numbered audibly. I'm mainly wondering whether I just need a newer voice file or version of Rockbox, or whether there is something in the menus I still need to set properly.

I'm using the July 29 "Paul" voice that speaks at normal (350-400 WPM) rate, along with the Aug. 5 Rockbox build. (Earlier posts had hinted that this is the most recent daily build that talks consistently.) Anyway, I click on DATABASE and the iPod makes no sound whatsoever as I try to detect or move between databases.

I have made it so that everything that can use talk clips, is using talk clips; and so that everything else ought to be spelled. My Voice Settings have five different options that I have adjusted so they all are as vocal as they can be.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Kane