Subject: Voice should be working fine now

Voice should be working fine now

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:30:17 +0100

On another thread, Daniel Brenden said:

>> some of the new versions is a bit buggy on the voice after what i've
heard

This was true for a few days after the new language support and ability for
splash screens/confirmation dialogs to talk went in. It should not be true
anymore; Rockbox should be talking more than ever!

I'd like to hear if people can find any specific voice issues with the
latest current build.

Note that you must install a new voice file built specifically for your
device type - an iPod voice file isn't the same as an iRiver one - but there
are daily built ones available at http://www.rockbox.org/daily.shtml

(I know that the Festival voice isn't exactly nice sounding, but I'm slowly
working on an daily build of Microsoft Sam. And it's not hard to build your
own if you've got a particular voice you'd like to use, as long as it's not
SAPI4 like the ViaVoice ones.)

--
pondlife