Subject: Re: Voice should be working fine now

Re: Voice should be working fine now

From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_mackenzieoz.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 04:58:52 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "pondlife" <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
> Note that you must install a new voice file built specifically for your
> device type - an iPod voice file isn't the same as an iRiver one - but
> there
> are daily built ones available at http://www.rockbox.org/daily.shtml
>
> (I know that the Festival voice isn't exactly nice sounding, but I'm
> slowly
> working on an daily build of Microsoft Sam. And it's not hard to build
> your
> own if you've got a particular voice you'd like to use, as long as it's
> not
> SAPI4 like the ViaVoice ones.)

Hi I used to build my own voices using the Real Speak Solo voices, which
are SAPI5, with the make voices vbr script and was wondering where I could
find some documentation on how I would go about this with the new setup? I
have looked on the web site for some sort of instructions but cant seem to
find anything new. I am using a first gen Nano if that makes any difference
in the instruction set.

Cheers

Hamish