Subject: Re: Voice should be working fine now

Re: Voice should be working fine now

From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:23:01 +1000

Hamish Mackenzie wrote:
> Hi I used to build my own voices using the Real Speak Solo voices,
> which are SAPI5, with the make voices vbr script and was wondering
> where I could find some documentation on how I would go about this
> with the new setup? I have looked on the web site for some sort of
> instructions but cant seem to find anything new. I am using a first
> gen Nano if that makes any difference in the instruction set.

Have a look at:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceBuilding

You will need to look for the heading
"Using Linux or Cygwin" But you can read the whole page if you want.

You will also need cygwin installed. And you need the rockbox packages.
So you can find out how to install cygwin at:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CygwinDevelopment

If you get this far you can probably add patches and compile rockbox.

Hope this helps,

--
Daniel Dalton