Subject: Re: Voice should be working fine now

Re: Voice should be working fine now

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:01:11 +0100

> I have noticed one problem, however. If I set the Nano to resume on
> startup, changing the Start Screen to Resume Playback, or whatever the
> wording is now, playback does resume when I start the player. However,
> if I then stop playback with a long play and hit Menu to go to the main
> menu, then try to scroll through the menu, I get a data Abort error. I
> don't know whether this is voice related or not, but I do know it's
> related to having the player resume on startup because the way I got
> around the problem was to turn on the iPod without headphones plugged
> in. I had it set not to resume if headphones weren't plugged in. Then
> when the player started up, I was able to go into settings and change
> the start screen to the main menu, and all was well. Has anyone else
> seen this problem?

On IRC last night, amiconn was able to get an iPod to give "Data Abort"
crashes that went away if he disabled .talk files. We need to fix it,
obviously, but this might be the problem you're seeing. If you have them
enabled, maybe try turning .talk files off for both files and directories,
then report back.

My H300 seems not to show this problem at all :/

--
pondlife