Subject: iPod video playback lockup issues

iPod video playback lockup issues

From: Rich Cavallaro <rich-cavallaro_at_optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:00:00 -0400

Hi all:
Using the August 21 build on my iPod video 5.5 gen 80 gig, has any one using this seen seen the issue where the iPod will play but will after a while continue to play but not let you adjust any controls on the player. The only solution is to reset the player.
I have tested this with all kinds of files.
Some 64 kbps mp3 audio books all the way to music encoded at 320 kbps.It's strange cause some files at 192 kbps don't lock up.
Some do.
I am quite stumped here.
Ogg's don't seem to do this.
Anyone using an iPod video 80 gig 5.5 gen, was there a build that you are all using where this playback locking up issue didn't occur?
Thanks rockbox devs for all your hard work!