Subject: Database Questions

Database Questions

From: Tipton, Timothy <Timothy.Tipton_at_pxd.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:58:43 -0500

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to keep the Rockbox db from reading the
original firmware/apple's db (??) - Basically, I have some music
purchased via iTMS which I burned and promptly ripped into ogg vorbis -
so having both libraries will result in double entries - Maybe I am
mistaken on this?

My reasoning for doing this is because I like to use the apple original
firmware for watching movies/video, and when my wife uses the ipod, she
prefers the original functionality - I just really don't want to have
double entries in the database for the same music, and some of the music
won't play due to the DRM from iTunes...

Oh - by the way, I'm using a 5th gen 30gig Video Ipod - Rockbox works
flawlessly! I am very impressed. (Rockbox/ogg loaded from and by Ubuntu
Linux, iTunes is on Windows XP - not sure if that matters)

Thanks for any help/clarification you all can provide.
Tim