Subject: Re: Database Questions

Re: Database Questions

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:56:40 +0200

On 8/22/07, Tipton, Timothy <Timothy.Tipton_at_pxd.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to keep the Rockbox db from reading the
> original firmware/apple's db (??) - Basically, I have some music

Rockbox does not read or care about the Apple database.

> purchased via iTMS which I burned and promptly ripped into ogg vorbis -
> so having both libraries will result in double entries - Maybe I am
> mistaken on this?

If you have double entries you most likely have the files two times on
the player -- an easy way to verify this is to create a playlist with
the double entries, save the playlist and look at the file using any
text editor, comparing the paths. Maybe there are old files lying
around in the recycle bin. Another possibility could be that there is
a copy present in apples own data tree and your own one.

 - Dominik