Subject: Cover art as jpg images?

Cover art as jpg images?

From: Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:01:13 +0200

Hello,

there are some rockbox themes that support cover art. AFAIK these cover
images have to be bmp images. This means that you have to convert all
the jpeg images that covers are usually stored as to bmp. Is this true?

Some weeks ago I have read something about this and a feature request
that IIRC was rejected. But I cannot find it anymore. Also I do not know
anymore the reason for rejection.

It would be great if jpg-images could be displayed as cover art. A
jpg-plugin already exists. So why can't it be used for loading covers?

I have many (legal and free) downloads from jamendo.com, that all come
with a jpeg image included in the directory. So the player should look
into the current directory, check for some hardcoded filenames in a
hardcoded order (maybe cover.[bmp|jpg], folder.[bmp|jpg], etc.) and if
no such file can be found the first bmp or jpg file that possibly exists
in the folder is used as cover art. This would be great.

Greetings,
Gert