Subject: Re: storing rockbox settings and data in a separate directory?

Re: storing rockbox settings and data in a separate directory?

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 23:15:04 +0200

On 8/25/07, Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de> wrote:
> updating rockbox usualy means unzipping the latest rockbox.zip so the
> new files are dropped into the already existing old .rockbox directory.
> Isn't this some kind of dangerous because maybe some files have been
> moved or renamed, so some old files still are kept and are not removed?

not exactly addressing the config issue, but Rockbox Utility (the
work-in-progress installer for Rockbox) keeps track of the files it
installed and therefore can do a clean removal of the installed files.
This will of course have problems if someone manually installs files,
but it's at least a step.

I generally agree that moving all config data to a separate directory
would be good. IIRC this was general consensus anyway.

 - Dominik