Subject: Re: Please explain!

Re: Please explain!

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:54:12 +0200

On 8/26/07, KANE BROLIN <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> wants is a little knowledge about a few simple areas? It's a lot easier and
> more humble to simply hit DELETE and not gripe, as long as you know it's not
> a malicious or predatory attempt to SPAM.

and what should the list archives do? The archive is automated and
can't simply press "some delete button" (which would also defeat the
purpose of a list archive). Searching through a list archive that is
cluttered with fullquotes is a real pain as you need hours until you
find the correct mail or read through tons of copies.

And btw, at the beginning of the list etiquette there is the following
statement:

Violating these guidelines will make people ignore your posts and
possibly get you kicked off the list.

It should be absolutely clear (at least out of *that* sentence) that
we really want our etiquette to be followed. And while some people
might consider it rude reminding of the etiquette (which I will never
understand) I (and most likely most list subscribers) consider it rude
to repeatedly not follow the etiquette. Also, I absolutely don't
understand why it should be "more humble" to ignore people by deleting
their mails.

 - Dominik