Subject: Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

From: Jürgen Hestermann <>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:54:33 +0200

recently I was only lurking here but I must say that I don't understand how people
can in general repeat the whole postings they are replying to. Why are they doing this?
Are they too lazy to delete the non-used parts? I find it rude to do so.

If I repeat parts of a posting then because my answer may become clearer by citing
exactly that part (and only that) I am answering to. But then I have to put my
answers below this citation, otherwise it would be completely useless. I would want
my posting to be read as a whole and I would not like to annoy people by
leaving spam between (or above) the lines I added.