Subject: Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:15:56 -0500

Stuart Lawler wrote:
> Top posting is far quicker and a far more efficient way for people with
> Screen reading technology to read messages.

True, but remember that this list wasn't set up to cater to blind users.
This is a list set up for the general public, and as such, we need to
follow the list etiquette. Although I agree that top posting is easier
for those who use screen readers, it isn't difficult to bottom post and
only site certain parts of a quoted message. It may take a little
longer, but the information available on this list makes it worth the
effort, as well as the good will created by being good list members.

I'm sure there's some way we could get a discussion going, maybe not on
this list, on amending the list etiquette. This would seem like a more
effective way to implement change rather than just flagrantly ignoring
the list etiquette. Of course, the list owners don't have to change,
even after a discussion involving the pros and cons of top posting, and
we as good list members will have to respect that decision.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com