Subject: installing new rockbox builds

installing new rockbox builds

From: Guy Schlosser <>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:13:35 -0400

Hey all, I have a question about updating rockbox. When you update
rockbox, should you delete your .rockbox folder before unzipping the
new one to the root of your player? The reason I asked, is because
I'm still having problems with my voice files. I installed the
08/22/07 build from anythingbutipod on my sansa E260, and then
downloaded the 08/24 voice file from When I asked a
sited person to verify what I was hearing in the settings menu, the
display and voice weren't even close. I then got the 8/24 build from and have the same problem. If anyone has any
suggestions, please send them this way. Rockbox is definitely an
awesome piece of software. Thanks in advance for the help.