Subject: Re: Please explain!

Re: Please explain!

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:17:06 +0100 (BST)

Sander Sweers wrote:
> On zo, 2007-08-26 at 16:53 -0400, BabyDaffy_at_aol.com wrote:
>> Daniel Dalton:
>>
>> Can anybody do anything to satisfy you? First, you go off about my
>> mail signature, which I have the right to have at the bottoms of my
>> emails, unless you want to start paying my AOL bill,
>
> The small add on the bottom is fine by me but the 7 lines of crap and a
> picture of a Simpson women did tick me of and I suspect many others. He
> was the only one who said something.

For the record, it was me who "went off" at you about your sig. As pointed
out above, the standard AOL advert is fine, but when people start adding
other lines of dubious value, and large images which are completely
pointless for the recipient, then people do start to get ticked off about
it.

I sent you a politely worded suggestion that you may want to consider
trimming your sig, but if you want to interpret that as "going off", then
you are obviously a very sensitive person who takes constructive comment
as personal insult.

My original response is as follows:

> You seriously need to look at cutting down the size of your signature
> mate, and consider text email rather than html. 21k of data for a 1 line
> reply - sheesh! :)

There's even a smilie included in it! :)
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted