Subject: Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:36:22 -0500

> I was floored by how vehement this
> discussion has been and how strongly people feel about this particular
> topic.

I believe that there are two parts to this problem. One is that some
people commonly believe "The way I prefer must be better for everyone,
because it's better for me." In this case, it doesn't help that nobody
explained clearly why we prefer the method we ask for.

The other was that there were two arguments taking place, I think. One
was the proponents of top posting. The other was not proponents of
interspersed quotes, but rather people who simply felt "The rules are
posted, and you should follow them until such time as you convince
someone to change them."

In this situation, two arguments are happening, so it's often difficult
for both sides to come to terms with each other.