Subject: Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

Re: Top-Posting, Vis-a-Vis Last Night's Fuss

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:04:14 +0200

On 8/27/07, KANE BROLIN <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Christopher is correct. In business e-mail contexts, where I've been for

And why does "business e-mail" use top-posting? Simply because nobody
bothered about the readability of the mails! Some guys decided "we
need email", started using it but did not think a minute about how it
works and a good way to use it. (And no, you can't convince me there's
a really good reason for using top-posting for business email,
especially not about how it originated. In business snail mail you
don't copy the original and attach it to your answer, do you? Why do
this for email?).

Sadly, top-posting has become a widespread phenomenon and even more
sadly most people refuse to think only a few minutes about the topic
and look after good solutions.

 - Dominik