Subject: Re: Kind of a rant on the rules, plus many thanks!

Re: Kind of a rant on the rules, plus many thanks!

From: Ed Nickl <pioneer4x4_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:58:17 -0400

> This list in fact requires you to use a typical way of writing mails:
> a compressed, bottom-post style.

One fact and one opinion. Since this list 'requires' bottom posting, I have
converted to that and will continue to bottom post on this list. If I
inadvertently slip to the dark side and top post, it will be due to habit,
not indifference to the rules.

As for the opinion "a typical way of writing mails", like I previously
typed, this is the only list I am involved with that is setup with that as a
requirement. It might be typical in your world, but not the entire world.
And like has been mentioned in other emails, not in the corporate world.
And the 'lazy' and other reasons associated with top posters don't fly
either. If you actually read an entire thread, and have the ability to
remember what is going on, you only need the new content, and the rest is
for historical backup. Since I spend money in the computer hobby, but earn
money in the corporate world, that style is MUCH more important to me. And
yes, I do work in the computing environment, and many of my emails at work
are in a technical nature.

But, thanks again to everyone that contributes to Rockbox! To them, I am
very grateful.

My major complaint, is people that refuse to be polite, it is extremely
frustrating to me. And a tip to others, if one specific person is bugging
you, don't unsubscribe, just setup an email rule to move their email to
another folder, or automatically delete it.