Subject: Re: iriver 340 hardware question

Re: iriver 340 hardware question

From: Robert Menes <>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:36:41 -0400

On 8/27/07, Paul Erkens <> wrote:
> Hi list,
> One of my friends owns an Iriver h340 unit. Today, I installed rockbox on
> it which is fine, but here's a question.
> At the bottom panel of the player, which is exactly the opposite panel
> that the connectors for remote and head phones go into, there seem to be 2
> distinct usb plug holes. They are said to be labeled: usb 1.1, and the
> other is usb2. What is the difference between these 2 connectors?
> I understand the difference in usb 1.1 and usb2.0. 1.1 works at a bitrate
> of about 12 megabits per second, while usb 2.0 works at 480 megabit. But
> normally, one physical connector, if capable of running usb2.0, supports
> both usb standards. So why do we need a separate 1.1 and another 2.0 usb
> connector? Is there any difference in usage? Do I charge using one of them,
> and connect to the pc using the other? It sounds like a redundant design
> thing.
> The unit is not mine and we don't have the manual that's why I'm asking.
> Paul.

Hi Paul,

The port closer to the left is for USB-OTG (USB On-The-Go) support. The port
on the right is the main data port.

Rockbox doesn't make use of the USB-OTG port currently, so you can ignore it
for now.

(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB, and Archos
Jukebox Recorder 20)

Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.
Version: 3.1.2
GCS/S/M/MU d- s+: a28 C++(+++) UL++++>$ P++ L+++ E+ W+ N+ o+ K++ w--- O-
M !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP(+) t+ 5++ X++ R tv b+++ DI+++ D++(---) G++ e+ h-
r++ y+