Subject: RE: using eloquence Reed for voice files

RE: using eloquence Reed for voice files

From: Rick Alfaro <rick.alfaro_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:38:06 -0400

  _____

From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On
Behalf Of Sean Mealin
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:50 PM
To: 'Rockbox'
Subject: using eloquence Reed for voice files

Hi everyone;

As the subject says, I want to use Eloquence Reed for a English.voice file.
I have Cygwin installed, and I know how to make .voice files (thanks to
everyone that helped me), but it uses MS Mary. I think I know why, because
MS Mary is the voice I have selected in control panel/speech. But, I don't
see anything that has anything to do with Reed. I have Jaws 8.0 installed,
Window Eyes 6.0, Cygwin, and knowledge on how to update the rockbox source
from SVN, compiling rockbox, and compiling a voice.

Any tips / advice would be great!

Hi, only sapi 5 voices will be seen in control panel. Eloquence is not sapi
5. If you have any other sapi 5 engines you can install like say AT&T
Natural Voices or NeoSpeech, they will show up in control panel and you
should be able to use them. I have the ScanSoft voices installed and they
are the in control panel along with MS mary and Sam.