Subject: Cygwin and lame parameters

Cygwin and lame parameters

From: Hamish Mackenzie <>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:42:29 +1000

Hi All

I have now made a few voices using the cygwin environment and am fairly happy with the outcomes. I was just wondering where I could go to change some of the lame parameters that are used when creating new voice files. I would like to increase the VBR quality which I understand would create a larger file but I would like to hear the difference offered with more quality as the current file of about 0.9 mb could possibly be better and my old voice files were around 1 mb bigger. so basically my question is where can I find what the defaults are and how can I change the default file or can I just manually adjust the VBR number whilst running the tools/configure command.

Cheers for now