Subject: Re: building voice files question

Re: building voice files question

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:33:06 +0200

Thomas Brass wrote:
> hi,
>
> after all it basicly works fine to create my own "english.voice". and
> its realy not that complicated to use cygwin.
>
> but it seams to me that any wav files dont exist in r14488. during the
> prozess to create the voice file i had some screenoutput of missing wav
> files. but it was to fast to remember.
> and i cant navigate in some of the general setting menues of my ipod
> nano.

This is probably, and I do say probably, because things could of course have
gone wrong, just a technicality, and not important. It happens when the
voicefont utility looks for clips which were not generated because they
contain nothing (an empty string). Ideally, voicefont should not even
attempt to look for them, but for now, it'll give some warnings that can be
safely ignored, if the voicefile works fine.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk