Subject: Re: using eloquence Reed for voice files

Re: using eloquence Reed for voice files

From: Peter Herngaard <pethern_at_email.dk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:57:09 +0200

Rick wrote:

Hi, only sapi 5 voices will be seen in control panel. Eloquence is not sapi 5. If you have any other sapi 5 engines you can install like say AT&T Natural Voices or NeoSpeech, they will show up in control panel and you should be able to use them. I have the ScanSoft voices installed and they are the in control panel along with MS mary and Sam.

By some tweaking, it's possible to generate voices for SAPI4 under Cygwin.

I have generated Eloquence Reed voices for Iriver H320-340, Sandisk Sansa E200, Ipod Video and Ipod Nano.

Unfortunately my patch has not yet been updated to work with voice.pl. But for those who are impatient, I can offer mailingmy voices.