Subject: Re: a few concerns with the latest build for the sansa e200

Re: a few concerns with the latest build for the sansa e200

From: Ted Rathkopf <ted-rockbox_at_rathkopf.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:58:51 -0800

kim <arwynevenstar2_at_yahoo.com> hired
an infinite number of monkeys to write:

> Hi everyone,
>
> While trying the latest build for the sansa e200, I noticed that
> if I just power the player off, it won't turn off immediately, and
> bookmark, like it did on previous versions. It stops the music,
> but doesn't power off. When I finally get the player back on, the
> resume feature doesn't quite remember where I was. Is this a bug,
> or is there another mode that I am unfamiliar with? I am blind, so
> can't tell you what the screen says. Speech doesn't give me any
> feedback when this happens either.

I've been noticing the same thing during shutdown, but no problems
resuming on powerup.

Here's what I've been able to reproduce.

If I power down from the WPS screen, the screen says "Shutting Down"
"Bookmark Created" and then takes about 10-15 seconds to shut off.
There is no speech feedback.

If I power down from the menu screen, whether audio is playing or not,
the screen says "Shutting Down" "Bookmark Created" and then I get
speech feedback of "Bookmark Created Shutting Down" and the player
shuts off immediately.

--
Ted Rathkopf