Subject: Which Sansa E280 to buy?

Which Sansa E280 to buy?

From: Lars Fenneberg <lf_at_elemental.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 23:10:55 +0200

Hi all!

I'm a little confused by the fact that Amazon Germany has two different
Sansa E280 in their catalogue:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000MAK67A/

Sandisk Sansa e280 Portable MP3 Player with Radio
Model #: SDMX4R-8192K-E70
Price : EUR 165,95

and

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000IT62UK/

Sandisk Sansa e280 Portable MP3 Player
Model #: SDMX4-8192-E70
Price : EUR 145,90

The only difference I can see from the description is that the first one
includes a radio and the second one does not. But there is a comment for the
first one which says that it doesn't contain a radio... strange! Furthermore
when searching for SDMX4R-8192K-E70 with Google I find some foreign language
sites referencing Rhapsody? So, is the first one the Rhapsody version, which
doesn't run Rockbox? Or does the "R" in the model number stand for Radio?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Of course I'd like to run Rockbox on the
player. Thanks!

Cheers,
Lars
--
Lars Fenneberg, lf_at_elemental.net (private), lf_at_mcs.de (work)
Work legalese: MCS Moorbek Computer Systeme GmbH, Hamburg, Handelsregister Hamburg B62933, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Kai Brandes, Eckard Kabel